Gentle Giant - The Power And The Glory  CD (album) cover

THE POWER AND THE GLORY

Gentle Giant

JoeMc
5 stars I was more than a little surprised to see that this album was rated fourth of the Gentle Giant albums on the Top 100 most popular list. In a poll of G.G. 34 fans at progressiveears.com of the top five G. G. songs, this album had six that made the list (tied for the most), and had more total hits than any other. It also the number two song overall ("Cogs in Cogs"). Two of the songs that had only two hits are among my favorites ("Playing the Game" and "No God's a Man". (I didn't take part in the poll.) The two songs from the original album that did not make the list are also very good ("The Face" and "Valedictory").

I think this deserves a rating of 5, because I truly believe it is one of the top 20 progressive rock albums, and is a must have for any lover of progressive rock. I think it is the only G.G. album worthy of a 5, although "Octopus" and "In a Glass House" are very close. Buy the remastered version if possible, which includes the title song.

JoeMc | 5/5 |