Jeff Wayne - The War Of The Worlds CD (album) cover

Jeff Wayne

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars I've never read the original story (though I've read many Jules Verne stories in my childhood), but I remember one occasion, I was perhaps 10 years of age, when I heard radio adaptation of this classic. I was very impressed.

Now, 13 years later, I finally experienced its fusion with music. It was an immerse experience, spoken world, not unlike those of Wakeman's "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" (strangely - by the one I know well - Verney). However, the music featured is a bit different. Rather than symphonic, we get something between Rock, Funky (strong bass) & (almost disco sounds) & Symphonic (orchestra), sci-fi electronic sounds and truly Prog moments, especially those with keyboards and whole feeling. And I am now again very impressed.

4(+), however the impression is bigger than the record's Prog qualities, so as a balanced rating between 5 (how intense this is) and rather 3 of it's Prog.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |