Rush - Moving Pictures CD (album) cover

MOVING PICTURES

Rush

4.41 | 1953 ratings

Andrea Cortese
4 stars "A modern warrior mean mean stride, today's Tom Sawyer mean mean pride."

Moving Pictures is one of my favourite 80s' albums! All it's been already said about it. There's nothing I could originally add: I can only express now the pleasure to listen to such a pure and precise performance, all the instrument being played by master hands! I remember the day I went to my town's cds- store and bought it.I was "trembling" with excitement for without such an album my personal prog-rock cd archive seemed to be uncomplete!

After a couple of years and many listenings I'm still not sure it's a masterpiece, yet! An excellent effort, especially for the instrumental YYZ and the opener track Tom Sawyer: two classics!

A must have and a good one to introduce yourselves into the Rush' fantastic repertoire! Vocals are good, in my opinion, even if I personally prefer deeper and warmer voices: a right combining with the catching strong and polite arrengements!

Andrea Cortese | 4/5 |