Fruitcake - Room For Surprise CD (album) cover

5 stars I have to admit that I love the band/album, But you can equally love it if you listen to it at least 3 times. Yes, it is a difficult band to get into and maybe a little repetitive among the different albums they have, but once you get into it you get trapped by all "Fruitcake" albums. The first thing to consider is the emotion they have, this emotion is transformed into beauty, few prog bands achieve this. We also have female vocals in some songs to strengthen this beauty. All musicians are excellent, above all, the rhythm section (drums and bass).

The first band that comes to mind is "Genesis" but with a more modern sound (also "Camel"). "Room for surprise" is their first masterpiece in my opinion. Really well produced band with a unique sound (this is the difficult thing to achieve among the many "neoprog bands"), sometimes dark, sometimes sad, always beautiful.

| 5/5 |