Phideaux - Snowtorch CD (album) cover

Prog Panda
3 stars I personally don't mind Progressive Rock bands wearing their influences on their sleeves. We all know the old saying "It's all been done before", but there are some bands out there, like The Tangent for instance, who mix old and new styles with added twists and turns that make for enjoyable repeated listenings, as in the case of their latest album, Comm.

Phideaux's Snowtourch on the other hand rarely goes outside the realms of safe for me, the influences are all to obvious on too many tracks to make for an exciting listen. Again, some great playing on here but not groundbreaking.

Prog Panda | 3/5 |