Chaneton - Sombras Distantes CD (album) cover

3 stars The third album from this Argentinian band.

This is my first exposure to their music so I do not know where this band came from. Sombras Distantes is a far more MOR (Middle Of the Road) album than I am used to from the Neo Prog genre. The vocals is Engelbert Humperdink like with pain and love in equal measures. The music is also in that direction. It is enough butter on Sombras Distantes to solve the recent Norwegian butter shortage.

Most of the butter is produced by synths and guitars. Mostly synths though. The sound is good throughout. The vocals too is good.

The music is not bad though. Some of it is very Genesis like at time and there is a lot of good melody lines here. I regard this as a good album. But it is also very mainstream rock too with a lot of pain & love ballads which some may find offensive. I do not think I will put the band on my favorite bands list though. Middle Of the Road, this album is in more than one meaning.

3 stars