Fruitcake - How To Make IT CD (album) cover

2 stars The second album from this band and the third one I have reviewed. Fruitcake is from Norway and I knew their drummer from when I lived in Norway. I never got the chance to sample the Fruitcake albums back then though.

Fruitcake does a Genesis leaning form of neo prog. Pendragon and IQ is also references sources here. The main instruments are keyboards and then guitars. The keyboards are very Tony Banks like. Fruitcake uses both female and male vocals. Both pretty bad, truth to be told. The lack of quality vocals and the lack of any really good songs are the big problems with this album. This is a dull album which goes in one ear and out the other one without really making any impact. The song structures is simple and not particular cleverly done.

The end result is a dull album which also has some cringe worthy moments. I am not impressed.

2 stars