Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Per Un Amico CD (album) cover

PER UN AMICO

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Lieven Van Paemel
4 stars I really start liking Italian a lot. It IS a very musical language and Italian medieval and renaissance music are truly worth listening to.

Back in the 1970 I mainly knew the British bands like Pink Floyd, Genesis, Tull Gryphon and Yes . We didn't have that many Italian prog albums back then. Fortunately I am now with speed making up for that lack of knowledge with some truly fine vinyl.

Per un Amico is an album that is rightfully highly regarded. I must admit that side 1 is the better one. Appena un Po' had one of the finest mellotron intros ever and the track develops well. Generale is a bit of a folie with changing ritms and some folky flute. Per un Amico is a great track too. Side 2 is a bit weaker. Il banchetto and Genario do not sound bad the a bit less inspired.

Often nice artwork and sleeve design has a good album inside. Clearly the case here. I would give it a 3,5 stars but let's go for 4 full stars!

Lieven Van Paemel | 4/5 |