Dredg - El Cielo CD (album) cover

EL CIELO

Dredg

drummerman23234
5 stars This album is an absolute underlooked masterpiece. It listened through it three times when I first bought it and now I'm hooked. These guys are not technical or anything, just...hazy/dreamy art rock. they have a serious knack for creating very memorable chorus and this album proves that. Every single song has something memorable about it that will make you want to listen to it again and again.

The album concepts follows the disorder sleep paralysis which occurs when one experiences nightmares in an "awake" state, while they cannot move, speak, etc. It sounds aweful. the booklet is well worth reading if you can decipher the odd array of handwritings.

I don't want to say much about this album because it folws almost entirely like one song...well not exactly that, but it just feels like one song. Once your through with the hour long album you'll wonder how there were really 16 individual songs on there because it flows so well like one dreamy illusion. A lot of this album has a feeling I think I'd experience when walking teh desert and seeing a mirage...it's mystifying. Please go buy this, as no other record I;ve heard can quite portry the soundscpaes this one manages to achieve. And by the way it's only $10. =)

| 5/5 |