Ayreon - Temple Of The Cat * CD (album) cover

TEMPLE OF THE CAT *

Ayreon

Robin
3 stars Jacqueline Govaert (not Govaerts) has a beautiful voice, although it's not the BEST version of the song there is! I own this single, signed by her. There are 2 more versions, and 1 of those is featured on this single too, and the "previously unreleased" version, as mentioned here, features another singer (NOT Jacqeline) which, in my opinion, sounds afwul.

On the album "Ayreonauts Only", you can find the THIRD version of this song. It's acoustic by the way, and sung by Astrid van der Veen. She does a great job and sings way more adventurous and melodic than both singers featured here.

My house on mars is a fine progressive metal-que song and Valley Of The Queens is pure magic with the amazing Anneke van Giersbergen (from the Dutch progressive band "The Gathering"). One of the better Ayreon-songs I think.

Overall, this is a good single because it's a nice melodic accesible song, and the b-sides are worth listening to due to their length and colour.

Robin | 3/5 |