King Crimson - Islands CD (album) cover

King Crimson

3 stars One of the albums I have been struggling like mad with. I am both truly and duly frustrated by Islands.

Robert Fripp and his incantation of King Crimson has gone down the pastoral route on Islands. Or perhaps I should call King Crimson a chamber orchestra on Islands. That is what they feels like and chamber rock is what the music feels like here. Understated and introvert. The songs are difficult to grapple.

Listening to this album is therefore like peeling an onion. Always new layers, but I am not sure if I should start the frying & eat this onion now or I should wait a couple of years.

Chamber rock it is and the band is very introvert on this album. The quality is there and this album never gets boring. But this is not a great album in my view. Although I will continue the peeling though. But my verdict tonight is three stars.

3 stars