Rain - Cerulean Blue CD (album) cover

CERULEAN BLUE

Rain

jude111
5 stars A beautiful album. Everyone seems to have a favorite tune, mine is the first track. The only thing wrong with this CD for me is the narration. If anyone knows of a program that can get rid of the narrator's voice without losing the integrity of the music, please let me know! I can trim the songs, but then I lose those beautiful strings and background effects that underlie the narrator.

As far as influences go, wow. Is this Marillion's follow-up to BRAVE? No, wait, maybe it's the Blue Nile's follow-up to HATS. Or wait. It's a Roger Waters-penned album, with Jackson Browne (?!) on vocals. No, wait, it's Talk Talk, with Mark Hollis leaving behind his minimalist phase and embracing lusher orchestration.

This album needs to be in the top 100, I think. I'm not even sure how it is I came across it here at PA last month, but I've been on this site off and on pretty regularly for probably a decade and only now have come across it.

jude111 | 5/5 |