Yesterdays - Winter CD (album) cover

WINTER

Yesterdays

Katusnya
3 stars This EP was available for free download as a Christmas present / Fanclub CD from the band between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. After that it has been released as a Winter EP available only as digital download.

At the end of 2011 the first video has been filmed for the song "Bábu" from their "Colours Caffé" album. Because of the member changes, the song was re-recorded with new drummer József Szűcs. This version of the song can be heard on the official video too. A very exciting version though, with different guitar solos by Tamás Mohai (Faxni, ex-East!) and also there are some new background vocals too. A real treat for fans of Jethro Tull (thanks to the flute).

The second song is a new song. Indulok-érkezel features elegant classical guitar parts and delightful vocals by Linda Horváth. A fretless bass and the mellotrons takes us back to the "Moonlit Garden"-era Yesterdays.

My Cosmic Cover is an interesting cover version of The Flower Kings' My Cosmic Lover. Imagine if the song was written by The Beatles. The song sounds like that. You'll find Beatles citations here and there (drums from Tomorrow Never Knows, melody from Norvegian Wood, guitar sounds from Drive My Car or Ticket To Ride, piano parts from The End, etc.). A nice approach to do a cover. The second part of the song is a clear hommage to "the Cosmic Lounge", it's '60's lounge style with flute and beautiful female vocals by Karola Antal.

Várom az ünnepeket is a hungarian prog classic, a song from the band East, from their 1985 album called "A szerelem sivataga". The song features acoustic guitars, mellotron strings, fretless bass.

The last tune is a remix version of Éjszaka (Némafilm Suite I.) from Colours Caffé.

I am giving 3 stars for this short EP, I believe that not only fans and collectors would be interested in hearing this one.

Katusnya | 3/5 |