We Made God - As We Sleep CD (album) cover

We Made God

Experimental/Post Metal

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars Perhaps too heavy for Post-Rock category, but in spirit, it follows genre's patterns. Low-high- low-high. However, while lows are acceptable acoustic parts (there isn't much to do wrong, right? I mean atmospheric pieces plays itself), highs are "dirty", trash-metal-growling beasts that sounds a bit out of place. Certainly unexpected from the rest and I am not sure myself if it's a good or bad thing. Sometimes they sound right, sometimes they don't. Except this, AS WE SLEEP doesn't offer much else. Fans of growls and post-rock will be pleased, others ? Well, that's quite clear what others will think about this Icelandic debut.
Marty McFly | 3/5 |