Rodrigo San Martin - 1 CD (album) cover

Rodrigo San Martin

3 stars I was reminded about this album by the previous reviewer whose review appeared on the front page. I remember when I first heard this, and didn't think much of it. Well, it's definitely a grower, but one that will take time obviously. I was reminded of Requiem Apocalyptique, another one song album solely created by one person. Likewise, this album does not have the sense of a complete, well refined effort, despite the best intentions of Rodrigo - but his efforts are still cause to be positive. It is a noble first effort, and I think, for the open minded of progaholics, it's a good album to dig up. When I think of the drawbacks, the only real one I have is that, as with many one song albums, every moment must count. I think that about four or five minutes could have been omitted and the album would have lost none of its luster. But these are petty concerns, and in the general, I am quite positive towards this album. It's not essential, but it's worth discovering.
Renkls | 3/5 |