Magma - Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh CD (album) cover

MËKANÏK DËSTRUKTÏẁ KÖMMANDÖH

Magma

Zeuhl

GruvanDahlman
5 stars I cannot begin to tell you just how much pleasure MDK has given me the last couple of weeks. I've listened to it several times in the past but never quite gottrn beyond the feeling that listening to Magma is like listening to giants talk. They are awesome but quite frankly hard to understand and harder still (sometimes) to fully appreciate. The musical vision is such that it seems un-earthly, which in fact fits in well, bearing in mind the sci-fi theme of Kobaian mythology.

When I bought the wonderful box Studio Zünd I was far from clear about the musical content, locked within those cardboard walls. I grew aware but none the wiser after listening to the albums. However, the mist soon evaporated and I got some sort of vibe, clue and/or idea what it was all about and yet I found myself puzzled.

Now, MDK is a true masterpiece of prog genius. The whole body of music is like a long, furious march, relentless and uncompromising. I've rarely heard music so agressive as this. It's so furious. Although I keep coming back to the track "Mekanik kommandöh" there's no such thing as s bad or lesser track on there. The horns, the organ, the chanting and the drumming... It's plainly speaking mindblowing and I cannot see how I could rate this album anything less than 5 stars. I think it's a milestone in progressive rock music.

GruvanDahlman | 5/5 |