Crack The Sky - White Music CD (album) cover

Crack The Sky

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
1 stars Little else can be said about this album: the sky did crack open to let the boredom poured over the listeners/progheads who are looking for passionate and interesting music. A good look at the track title and their length should be enough to about the contents of the song. In this case, you can trust appearances, and safely judge a book by its cover.

With all due respect to CTS, this is relatively dumb-ass RnR (and believe the lyrics match the mediocre song titles), very symptomatic of a band having lost all inspiration. Only the closing track Song Of Soviet Son (this was the only track with an intelligent title too - what a coincidence) is worthy of notice bringing us back to the debut or second album. A spent force that will apparently endure quite a long history, but even by the time this album was released, I was long gone towards greener pastures. I only heard this as I rented the 2on1 record from the library and it was coupled with the debut. Best avoided for progheads, maybe straightforward-rock fans with a slight pop edge will find happiness.

Sean Trane | 1/5 |