Oceansize - Heaven Alive CD (album) cover

Psychedelic/Space Rock

3 stars A single released with an album, along with a companion instrumental number. I was steered to this band by a friend who has told me how much they are like Pink Floyd. This may have not been a good choice for me to begin looking into Oceansize as this release seems more poppy than proggy. Especially the Porcupine Tree-like HEAVEN ALIVE grunge main song. The instrumental I actually prefer to the first song. Nothing here screams "Pink Floyd" so I will continue to look through Oceansize's discography to find the resemblance I have been told of. But, anyways, this is pretty good, just not great. 3 stars.
mohaveman | 3/5 |