The Dear Hunter - Black EP CD (album) cover

The Dear Hunter

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars And so it starts with a black. Negative colour, the one associated with sadness, or even death, but of course, my source of inspiration about such matters is mostly from Green Lantern comics (which have it a little bit differently), I myself was never much into "your favourite colour" kind of stuff, but having it in a musical form is intriguing. 18 minutes of darkness, of the more experimental work (I've heard from The Dear Hunter), melodic element still there, but suppressed in favour of dark themes (but never completely gone). It intrigues me as a TDH fan, as a fan of concept albums and as such, Black serves its purpose, with This Body being most reminiscent of the band's roots (Acts 1-3).
Marty McFly | 4/5 |