Sky Architect - A Dying Man's Hymn CD (album) cover

A DYING MAN'S HYMN

Sky Architect

Richens
2 stars I absolutely loved the first Sky Architect album 'Excavations of the Mind' and was very happy to see the band release their second album so quickly. I am also a HUGE fan of Christian Bruin, the Sky Architect drummer, who is also a fantastic songwriter in his own right. Seriously, check out his album 'Making Sense'. I actually prefer it to the Sky Architect material. But anyway, back to the review!

This album is a huge disappointment compared to the first album. It rambles aimlessly in too many places. The melodies do not seem to work quite as well as they should. The whole album sounds disjointed and over-long. I must admit to being HUGELY disappointed. Please, please, please guys, sort this out. Find the melodies. Get Chris to do most of the songwriting and you should be OK! I will be waiting for the next album. Spend a bit of time on it and get it right.

Richens | 2/5 |