Crucis - Los Delirios Del Mariscal CD (album) cover

3 stars 3.5 again

Their follow up from one yar later from 1976 named Los delirios del mariscal transled approximate The Marshal's delusions is a more intristing and much better in manner of composing. Clocking around 35 min with only 4 pieces, totday it would be like for an EP, Crucis developed their sound into much more polished one and with more elaborated sections. The combination of instrumental passages with emphasis on long instrumental parts specially the keyboards and guitar have an important role here that goes somewhere between symph prog and heavy prog are succesful here, the musicianship is top notch, but again I don't know why I can't give more then3-3.5 stars. Is to much improvised passages and aswell this album is less dynamic then their forst one. I prefere No Me Separen de Mi , I think is the best track of the album , the guitar and specialy the drummer is excellent. So, another fairly good album, not a weak moment here, but nothing excelent aswell, at least for me, even they iprove their sound with more elaborated passages , the album is date it in places. 3-3.5 stars, both albums are more then ok.

b_olariu | 3/5 |