Electric Light Orchestra - A New World Record CD (album) cover

A NEW WORLD RECORD

Electric Light Orchestra

Dayvenkirq
4 stars 4.5, but my calculator says 3.78. Those calculators are so pessimistic. The average arithmetic won't tell you why I gave the album 4.5 stars.

Personal experience had shown that this album is awesome. About six-seven tracks on here are very listenable and tastefully done. The amazing thing about those tracks is that they didn't need to grow on me. "OK, so, if the other two-three tracks don't work for you, why did you rate the album with four-and-a-half stars? Isn't that a bit of a stretch?" Actually, no, and that's because much of the material presented on the record is just downright strong. There is an exception or two, but other than that, it's a very pleasant listen. It's not exactly a record of a new world; it's actually a pretty familiar territory I would call pop-prog (or prog-pop, whatever is best for you.)

1. 'Tightrope' - ****

6. 'Livin' Thing' - *****

7. 'Above the Clouds' - *

8. 'Do Ya' - ****

9. 'Shangri-La' - *****

You know, I would gladly and proudly give this puppy the "Highly recommended" stamp, but, as the stats and the average rating (as of the time of this writing) show, it is not a popular album with a whole lot of people on this website. So:

Stamp: "I like it."