Yleclipse - Opus CD (album) cover

4 stars Yleclipse from Italy is a progressive rock band for whom I have a soft spot, there is something in their music that I like very much, and is one of the most sincere and honest bands I've ever heared from this genre. Opus is their third album from 2005 issued at Mals-Mellow records label and is a total winner for me. Long pieces, complex, well composed with rich arrangements, great guitars and excellent keyboards, similar with Marillion most of the time, but they have their own twist for sure. I like aswell the voice of Alessio Guerriero, he fits perfectly in the mood of the album. Neo prog is what they play with some symphonic touches here and there, some parts remind me of Hackett, Genesis. Yje music offered by Yleclipse have complex structurated pieces with plenty of great moments, quite more complex then most of the bands from this genre, they have some fantastic ideas very well presented, the instrumental passages are top notch most of the time. Some great moments are on opening track A crown of gold, the intro from Glorious is keiller with some fantastic guitar-keybords parts, The tale of the black cloak is another highlight, from mellow to more dynamic sections Yleclipse done a good job on this album, flute, piano and other ingredients to make it big in this filed. Opus is a perfect ecxample of greatness in this genre. 4 stars for this one, nice cover art aswell.
b_olariu | 4/5 |