The Aristocrats - The Aristocrats CD (album) cover

THE ARISTOCRATS

The Aristocrats

talha
4 stars I'm a fanboy of Guthrie Govan. I think he is one of the best guitarists of our century, maybe the best. His melodies are so strong that you can't call him a shredder. On this album, he shows us that he can play like a true jazz guitarist. He's also so good at rock, blues and even metal. So he gets the music on a crazy mood by a rock riff of his kind sometimes, or just shredding like hell. But his control over melodies and notes makes you love his shredding. So yes, Guthrie Govan is a guitarist with every good quality that I can think off. He's hardworking, loving the music itself, and so talented. On this album, you can experience everything that I just wrote. He's got even better since his solo album "Erotic Cakes" of 2006.

Marco Minnemann is an amazing drummer. I didn't know that he's so good at jazz drumming, but he is. And he also contributes highly to the harder sound of the album, where the music goes rock/metal from jazz. Bryan Beller is also great. His melodies sound unique, and work so well with the sound of the album.

With all this great players, one don't expect a synergy like this. But these three talented men are made for each other! They love and dream the same music. They put out an incredible piece of jazz/rock fusion. Highly recommended.

talha | 4/5 |