Yes - Going for the One CD (album) cover

5 stars Now, every Yes follower got shocked when they saw Yes's last album with a non-Roger Dean art cover. Let's admit it, we even thought Yes had changed directions musically speaking! But after the listening we could release our breath. Things had not changed, they had simply evolved and reaching the top again.

I have little to comment but that, if not as perfect as Close to the Edge, Going for the One contained such jewels as Turn of the Century, Wonderous Stories and, above all, Awaken -whose only inclusion in this album deserves the price you pay for it- that Yes again reached the summit and gave us fuel for -with the past discography- resisting a five-year, or more, period.

On the whole is a three and half / four-star album but Awaken makes it reach the summit.

A pity it hadn't the compulsory Roger Dean illustration.

ibnacio | 5/5 |