Frank Zappa - Chunga's Revenge CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

4 stars This is definitely one of FZ:s masterpieces, but I had forgotten all about it for almost 30 years!!! Fortunately I have started burning my old LP:s into CDs, and when going through my old records I found "Chunga's Revenge". Like so many others I didn't think this was anything special, but I've absolutely changed my mind. Very much because of Aynsley Dunbar and all the freedom given to him. But it wouldn't be possible to play like that without Frank Zappa and his arrangements. Another great thing about this album is that it makes me feel happy - I can't keep from smiling. And it feels like the musicians on the album felt the same way, eventhough FZ could be a tough band leader at times. In those days musicians really had the chance to make a difference. This is the best part of America. I love it!
| 4/5 |