Gong - Radio Gnome Invisible Vol. 3 - You CD (album) cover

Gong

Canterbury Scene

Apollo2112
5 stars Masterpiece.

I love this album. I love Gong. I love the perfect humor that comes through in this album. Pretty much perfect in every way, this album deserves a place in any collection. It definitely makes its way into my top 5 albums of all time, among the ranks of Thick as a Brick, Wish You Were Here, and Tales from Topographic Oceans.

Highlights: Master Builder, Isle of Everywhere. Beautiful sax and guitar solos in both tracks.

Thoughts for Naught and A PHP's Advice also are worthy of mention: these short, spacy tracks make for a great opening to this album. Both feature interesting, deliciously sung lyrics and fun synthesizers. Another great track that is often overlooked is the extended closer: You Never Blow Yr Trip Forever. Fabulous, multi-part epic. It transitions through at least 5 sections before slowly fading out.

Let me finish by saying that Steve Hillage (guitar) is a master, third in my opinion only to David Gilmour and Andrew Latimer.

In short: get this album! It is not to be missed.

Apollo2112 | 5/5 |