Days Before Tomorrow - The Sky Is Falling CD (album) cover

Days Before Tomorrow

3 stars Days Before Tomorrow is an amrican band who release their first album in 2009 named The sky is falling, Well, from the start I must mention that this is not neo prog as it label here, has nothing to do with this genre at all, this is kind of art pop/ with AOR influences and maybe here and there some crossover prog but in limited amount. This album even is quite easy to listen, is not bad at all, is melodic to the maximum with some good passages, specially the vocalist done a good job here, he fits perfectly in this kind of music. The pieces are most of the time energic, well performed, but the problem is that is to mainstream for my taste, while nothing is bad overall. The highlits are first three pieces, Lighters, Wrong and Last song, great vocalist , competent with great range, also the drumer is more then ok. The rest of the album is ok, not bad , nothing special either. The sky is falling is the album that works very well while I have something to work and he runs in the background. So, overall pleasent, but I can't give more then 3 stars, great cover art.
b_olariu | 3/5 |