Profusion - Rewotower CD (album) cover

REWOTOWER

Profusion

nuc
5 stars Listening to this album I found myself surprised in noticing how a unknown italian band, with no huge production support, has been able to produce such a good and talented work. Their first album "One Piece Puzzle", even if rich of good ideas, was a little lenghty and it's evident a no well planned organization. "Rewotower" shows a more mature and fluid sound.

Remarkable is the new singer, Luca Latini, that enriches the songs with his breathy voice and soul vocalizations. Tracks that catch most my attention are "So close but alone" a good mix between tango, jazz and latin music, and the intriguing "Taste of colours 1 and 2" that reveals band's metal-neoprog best adding an interesting jazz harmony and rhythm changes. Other good tracks are the metal-folk "Chuta chani", "Dedalus falling" as a bridge between 70's italian prog and 90's prog-metal, "Tower 1 and 2" appears to be a sorta mini suite rock progressive-fusion."Rewotower" seems not to have many "b side" tracks (even in the most common ballad "Turned to gold" there's a good timing and arrangement).

For sure this is not an album for all. I wouldn't recommend it to any purist, it's not enough metal for metal lovers, it's not enough progressive for 70's prog lovers and so on. Btw in order to encourage this band to follow their path and their own language my rate is 5 stars wishing them next album would be better then this.

nuc | 5/5 |