Sloche - J'un Oeil CD (album) cover

Rainer Rein
4 stars Yes - I finally got this first item of Sloche yesterday! And so far somehow I thought that I should like their next and jazzier effort Stadaconé better than this one. Conclusion: I was wrong... Surprisingly - the compositions in J'Un Oeil record are more athmospheric, decorous and symphonic, sometimes the sounds have relationships with good ol' Gentle Giant. And harmonic (fortunately-french-sung) vocal parts (it can happen quite seldom) are very suitable with the music. Seems that my real fave is the last tune Potage Aux Herbes Douteuses. Very pleasent athmospheric listening - a bit more than four stars!!!
Rainer Rein | 4/5 |