Anekdoten - Vemod CD (album) cover

5 stars WOW. That just about sums it up. I'm a big fan of early King Crimson, especially the sound of the melotrons, odd time signatures, jazzy drumming, and melodic dissonance. They definitely show their roots as a King Crimson cover band, which some might hold against them. However, I also noticed a lot of Nothingface era Voivod in their music, especially the bass playing. The drumming is excellent and really fits the music well. The vocals are nothing special, but considerably better than the vocals on the King Crimson albums Red and Starless and Bible Black.

If you're an early Crimson fan, I can't see how you wouldn't love this album. It is just about a perfect extension of that vein of music. My first listening to this album had me hooked and each subsequent listening only makes me want to listen to it again! Highly recommend, if not utterly essentially in any KC fan's collection.

dltonya | 5/5 |