White Willow - Terminal Twilight CD (album) cover

White Willow

3 stars Difficult to define. I was worried that they'd be some of that 'High Priestess' aura to the band, but thankfully there's not.

There's more music than vocals, which is great, and I did read that the musical style was one of over-stated musical climaxes alternating between the vocal bits. initially, those 'big' moments sounded, well, big, but after continued listening they receded somewhat.

The music has a sound led more by 'background' instruments (bass or chords), rather than those of foreground dexterity (lead guitar or keyboards). It's never speedy, but that isn't a noticeable weakness, it's just their sound.

Don't expect a simple song structure, which makes them a bit forgettable! I heard the track 'Floor 67' on a demo, and thought that it had something. (I COULD remember it, at least!) Infact it probably has EVERYTHING that White willow offer, and it remains the best track on the album. That said, the album is still a worthy purchase. The sound and preformances are first- rate.

The information on the CD creates a first. I can't read ANY of it. No, not one bit! The writing's too small, italic, and coloured. Damn computers! Please remember, words are to COMMUNICATE, not to look pretty. Alas.

So, there we go. i just don't think it gets into the 4 stars, but it's an okay effort, and I might be tempted to try their earlier stuff.

sussexbowler | 3/5 |