Ragnarök - Ragnarök CD (album) cover

Ragnarök

Prog Folk

historian9
Jazz Rock/Fusion Team
4 stars Makes you want to live in that front cover.

Unfortunatley, the dilemma of giving this album 4 or 5 stars was quickly decided after the first half, it just didn't grab me like at the start although listening all tracks in order is highly recommended. Later tracks like "Fabriksfunky" and "Tatanga Mani" are more jazz oriented and this being a very backrgoundish or ambient kind of album doesn't help and they tend be a bit of a bore for me. On the other side of things when folky parts kick in with flutes or acoustic guitars it's great and sometimes very pastoral atmospheric in an floydian way, "Dagarnas Skum" is an example of this and a beautiful track.

You could call this very lightweight music, in the sense I sometimes use to describe stuff by CAMEL, very easy on the ear but I see how some might find it boring for being too mellow.

historian9 | 4/5 |