Profusion - Rewotower CD (album) cover

3 stars After seeing this album reach such accolades, I just had to hear it. ProgRock records have always been a bit of a mixed bag in my eyes and I was simply curious if they'd upped their game with the new revamp to "therecordlabel".

When thinking of the greats of Ecletic Prog such as Crimson and VDGG, I simply have no connection with this sound on Rewotower. I find the music to be lacking memorability or real dimension pushing which has been come to be known from perhaps the most hard hitting corner of prog genres.

I cannot help but have my ears turn to the occasionally poorly intonated guitars, the frustrating accent of the singer, the unimaginative approach to harmony (I refer to the chords, there are actually some nice vocal harmonies). I actually find the music to be bland neo prog.

3 stars.