Yes - Songs From Tsongas: 35th Anniversary Concert (DVD) CD (album) cover

el böthy
4 stars This is the first DVD I ever bought...and actually i dodnt want to buy it. At first I wanted to buy either Led Zeppelin´s doble DVD or Yes´s Symphonic Live...but Zeppelin´s was way to expensive and I couldn´t find I said to myself "Well, Tsongas can´t be that bad...why not?". I must say if Symphonic is better than Tsongas then...I don´t know I must be beyond brilliant, because this one is excellent! Outstanding performance, great scenarium (thanks to Roger Dean), great sound and high visual quality. Howe: AMAZING! He shines thrue out the two whole show. But what really surprised me was to find the five of them such good shape and playing so good, and really enjoying it! A lot of songs are played wonderully, Yours is no disgrace...outstanding! Mind drive, what a pleasent surprise!!! Excellent! And you and I...this song always comes out great live. But maybe the realy jewel of the DVD is Ritual...I dont usually find live versions of a song to be better than the original...but this is the big exception! I always liked the song...but this version is one of my favorite Yes epics!!! Excellent DVD...the classic Yes seems to be better than ever on stage!!!
el böthy | 4/5 |