King Crimson - The Night Watch  CD (album) cover

King Crimson

5 stars KC's best-recorded live album in this era. We can clearly hear John's bass, sometimes much better than on 'The great deceiver' box set (what another great pack!). I only miss 'Larks tongues Part 1' and the complete 'Starless and bible black', but 'The fright watch' is also a great improv. If we compare this gig with the June 1974 USA shows we can realise how some songs can change: 'Easy money', 'Larks 2' and 'Schizoid man' became more agressive, and '73 improvs sounded quite more abstract than 'Providence', 'The golden walnut' or 'Asbury Park'. I hope KCCC or dgm-live will offer us more 1973 material like 'The night watch'.
| 5/5 |