Moon Safari - A Doorway To Summer  CD (album) cover

A DOORWAY TO SUMMER

Moon Safari

zx2781
3 stars Prog-Lite is the best description that comes to mind for this album. And the closest comparison I could make would be Sebastian Hardie circa 1976. More precisely the Windchase album. Even the art work is similar.

This recording has alot of the 70's spirit. The mighty melotron. Moogs. Organ. I would say 75% of the guitars on this album are acoustic. It gives the overall feel of a very organic/analog album. But these acoustic guitars also give that 'Lite' feel that permeates the CD. That and the major keyed, sunny side up lyrics that seem happier than they should.

The whole affair sounds and feels like a bright, breezy day. I guess if they were looking to match sound to title they have suceeded, as they did not in holding my interest.

Thomas Bodin of Flower Kings produced this work, and it is pristine. I guess I just like it a tad darker, and a bit harder.

zx2781 | 3/5 |