Kate Bush - The Dreaming CD (album) cover

Kate Bush

2 stars I hate to be a pain in the a**, but this is a mediocre album. It's not bad, but it's so weird and personal, than I can be fascinated from it. The first sid eof the vinyl is full of nice pop-oriented songs, with 'Suspended in Gaffa' being the best one. It's not difficult to see that's she's lost it somewhere: the production is full of weird and bizarre noises, voices, samples etc. But the second side is definitely worse. It can't be heard. Try the 'Kick Inside', 'Lionheart', 'Never For Ever', 'Hounds Of Love' or 'The Sensual World'. Avoid this one. A 'dark masterpiece'? I don't think so! Overrated, without a doubt.
| 2/5 |