Van Der Graaf Generator - Godbluff CD (album) cover

GODBLUFF

Van Der Graaf Generator

mftech
5 stars GodBluff is still one of my favorite VDGG albums since 1975 when I was 15. To me the "cha cha" section on Sleepwalker sounds as 'clin d'oeil" for the music of Nino Rota, the music film composer working with Fellini. Very dark music, very profound, highly musical and complex, especially the organ parts played by H.Banton, it's very sequential and cyclic almost hypnotic. I'm always amazed how H.Banton played with the bass pedal, it's very smooth, precise and luxiourous in the mean time.

I like the way Hamill play the Clavinet to replace the guitar parts, very guttural. Still today no one had explore the voice treatment as Peter Hamill does (maybe PJ Harvey)

Guy Evans on drums and Jackson on sax are totally unchained and inspired. This is simple, this band played if they will die tomorrow, totally involved and incrusted in their musical landscape.

Godbluff is highly recommended to anyone interested in progressive music. my two "canadian" cents...

| 5/5 |