King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black CD (album) cover

King Crimson

Frankie Flowers
3 stars Although this album is quite disjointed, the majority of it contains very good music. I really like the first two songs with vocals. Some pieces are a little too experimental for my liking. "We'll Let You Know" is not bad but just when it's starting to get interesting, it abruptly ends! "Trio" is the prettiest of the instrumentals and it reminds me a lot of some early Kraftwerk. Throughout this effort there's a nice mixture of sweet and ominous much like off "Larks Tongues In Aspic". My favourite track of all is the final one "Fracture" which is just as great as the title tracks from the band's last album in my opinion. It at least has a cool musical structure unlike the title piece from this album. Three stars.
Frankie Flowers | 3/5 |