Dream Theater - Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory CD (album) cover

METROPOLIS PART 2: SCENES FROM A MEMORY

Dream Theater

Degolas
5 stars For me, this album is pretty much perfection. Dream Theater have a lot of haters, but I'm an enormous fan, and this is easily their best album.

It takes a few listens to get into, but once you do a whole new level of musical brilliance is opened up. Almost everything about the album is complex, but in a simple and mostly accessible way. The plot becomes increasingly complex (with just the right amount of cheese for a concept album) as the album continues, rising to a great climax which'll give you goosebumps.

And of course, the most important part, the music, is superb. There are no weak tracks whatsoever, every one fits perfectly in with the others. Everything is represented: aggression, emotion, the entire spectrum of musical emotion.

There is no ounce of reluctance in me when I give this 5 stars. Any prog or metal fan needs to hear this album.

Degolas | 5/5 |