Dream Theater - Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

4.29 | 2086 ratings

belz
3 stars 3.3/5.0

"Scene Six: Home" makes me think of quite any neo-prog group. The voice is pretty unemotional (or plain bad) and the keyboards are more annoying than anything else. "Scene Seven: I.The Dance of Eternity" makes me think of a Medley where each part has not any link to the other before or after. It is like if the band had something to prove from a technical point of view. I just can't listen to this without thinking "those guys are show-offs who want to prove something to someone". True, the music is technically advanced, but where is the emotion?

The critics on those two songs are representative of what I think about this album. I don't dislike this album at all. It is a "good, but not-essential" album, which mean what it means: you DON'T have to have this album in your collection if you are a prog fan. This is NOT an essential album, unless you are deep in neoprog, metalprog or "technically-advanced-we-play-guitar-riffs-like-if-we-were-on-acid-progmusic".

belz | 3/5 |