White Willow - Sacrament CD (album) cover

White Willow

4 stars It is strange, that I have missed such interesting collective as White Willow. Besides, it is the first prog-band from Norway, that I have heard. It has appeared, it is very qualitative prog-rock. Besides, the group very actively uses a flute that forces to recollect Ian Anderson and Jethro Tull in music themes. A female vocal gentle and pathetic. Here analogies to vocal Kate Bush. I shall especially allocate compositions " Paper Moon ", " The Crucible " (with magnificent solo Ketil Vestrum Einarsen on a flute) and "Gnostalgia". The album deserves firm 4 stars. Good and qualitative progressive rock.
Serb | 4/5 |