Spock's Beard - Beware of Darkness  CD (album) cover

Spock's Beard

3 stars Spock's Beard never really gripped me. Their sound is cliché and the lyrics are barfable. They have a couple of good ideas like the Gentle Giantesque Thoughts. Bonus, for a Beatles fan like me, Harrison's Beware of Darkness reprise is a perfect candy. Still, the songs are too long, often go nowhere and are just a mish-mash of 70's influences. I just don't get all the buzz around them. They just sound big, but the delivery lacks serious. I won't pay more attention when I'll see the name Neil Morse. I thought he was the guy from Dixie that's Steve Morse? Oh well.
Menswear | 3/5 |