Epica - Requiem for the Indifferent CD (album) cover

3 stars Well this is such a prestigious and experienced band in this area.

Technically and excellent album....uhhh...so great musicians and arrangements.

Beautiful vocals and better in my opinion than NightWish or Therion ones for Ex.

Very good songs...ballads beautiful.

So where is my disagreement here:

1)Growls and growling...¿Is not out of fashion? I understand is the demoniacal part but.....is so bad for every song...neither Opeth is nowadays using it.

2)Good songs.. ¿.but is for this excellent band an original prog metal work?..When i listen i feel like listening another Nightwish or Therion album(and in my opinion last Nightwish work is better).

So a little disappointing for those last reasons and in my opinion this act is not an excellent addition to prog. metal.

3 stars.