Redemption - The Fullness Of Time CD (album) cover

THE FULLNESS OF TIME

Redemption

belz
3 stars 3.4/5.0

A very interesting album! Certainly as good as Dream Theater's Scenes from Metropolis. But still, even if the whole album is good (except maybe for "Sapphire", which I personnaly think is too long and is somehow repetitive), at some point it's always the same thing, the same kind of distortion, the same voice, the same guitar riffs. That said, there is emotion on this album and it is very enjoyable to listen to. I clearly like listening to this album, but after 2 or 3 times I get bored (which is not the case with other prog-metal groups like Opeth, as an exemple).

Ok I am not primarily a prog-metal fan, and some fans may not like my review, but let's remember that 3 stars means that this album is Good, but non-essential and this is what I think about it. Clearly if you are deep into metal, you could give it easily 4 stars, but as for myself I think that just as much as this album is good there is some lack of imagination and some repetitive stuff there (not to talk about the "neo- prog" sound which I just can't stand).

belz | 3/5 |