Vanilla Fudge - The Beat Goes On CD (album) cover

Vanilla Fudge

1 stars So, you've produced a hit, epoch-defining album(albeit based entirely on other people's songs) kick-started the sonic lifeline of heavy rock, been name-checked by just about every single up-and-coming English-or-American outfit with dreams of psychedelic stardom and signed a lucrative deal with a major record label. What next? I know, lets make an album based around deliberately unconventional and highly un-commercial forms! We'll throw in some white noise squalls, old FM broadcasts, dissonant sound collages, hissing electronic effects, garbled vocals, split-level sonics, reel-to-reel tape relays, reverse recordings, clanging metallic fills, muffled radio speeches, click tracks, bangs, howls, coughs, screams and whatever else the company has stocked away in those dusty old vaults. We'll stitch the 'recordings' together, splice them through a million-and-one relay effects, add the occasional bass rumble, guitar twang, drum fill and whatever the fuck else takes our fancy and hey! We're artists! The people will love it! It's so new and exciting.....! Oh, but wait a minute, we've forgotten something. We've forgotten to include any SONGS. Oh dear.....

stefro | 1/5 |