Jadis - Photoplay CD (album) cover

PHOTOPLAY

Jadis

j.lloyd13
4 stars Perhaps not as immediate as previous albums and certainly with a more muscular feel throughout, Photoplay continues the same themes and sound that have characterised all of their work to date. Gary Chandler again contributes great vocals and a clean and crisp lead guitar to the mix. The sound is excellent too - very vibrant and clear.

I've always thought that Jadis sit on the cusp between prog and AOR - no bad thing in my book as I like both - offering highly melodic and concise songs that don't overstay their welcome. So, for fans another great hour; for everyone else a good starting point to dip their toe in !

| 4/5 |