Pendragon - The Masquerade Overture CD (album) cover

5 stars For the past two years, I have been catching up on a lot of prog music that I never got around to listening to. All of this, thanks to the Internet, and especially this web-site. Otherwise, I would not have been aware of so many great groups and recordings that were out there. Last summer, I finally came across a music store that actually had some Pendragon CD's in stock. This is the one I purchased. "The Masquerade Overture" I have always been a fan of prog music, mostly from the 70's, but upon discovering this previously unknown masterpiece to me, I was totally enthralled. I will not get into reviewing each individual track, but will consisely say that this album, in its entirety is one of the most enjoyable albums I have ever listened to. I could not stop listening to it for a few weeks. I practically needed a daily dose of it in its entirety. Needless to say, I subsequently went out and gobbled up all the Pendragon CD's I could get my hands on. Just need the first two releases to complete the colection of all their studio works. I have recently picked up the LIVE-DVD which I am anticipating watching one of these upcoming days. "The Masquerade Overture" .... one of a handful of albums that I consider a pure 5 star gem !!!
| 5/5 |