Ayers Rock - Big Red Rock CD (album) cover

BIG RED ROCK

Ayers Rock

bigpaul6
4 stars AYERS ROCK - BIG RED ROCK Well - surprise, surprise - another great band & slice of Aussie rock heritage dumped by the major record labels. AUSTRALIAN record labels! This album, along with other classics by Oz bands such as Dragon & Sebastian Hardie is now virtually unobtainable.

It's a great album too, pervaded by consumate musicianship, verve & humour. From the first track, Lady Montego, the album just soars, covering the whole gamut of rock, blues & the odd funky jazz excursion. I am one of the lucky few since I own a vinyl copy purchased in the seventies, which I have since transfered digitally to CD.

I don't know why there is'nt a consortium of Oz musicians who actively promote & distribute their music independantly. A cool website & a little promotion is all that should be required, since there must be a lot of Oz music fans out there like me, just yearning to get their hands on a few legendary classics like Big Red Rock.

Anyhow, HURRAH TO AYERS ROCK!

| 4/5 |